Filed under: Calendar Events
Tagged as: Central Ohio, Fairfield County, Fairfield Heritage Association, Lancaster (OH), Sherman House Museum, symposiums.
|September 29, 2012|
|September 30, 2012|
The Sherman House Museum is very excited about its Civil War Symposium at The Lodge in Lancaster. This year’s presenters are entertaining, educational speakers as well as brilliant published authors.
The Symposium will begin Friday night with An Evening of Civil War-Era Music at the Georgian Museum, 105 E. Wheeling Street. The Mason & Hamlin concert grand piano will accompany a male quartet, the Hilltop Singers. Former students of the piano donor, Alice Kindler, will play favorites from the period. In addition, the Gentleman Gypsies will present the music they treasure most from this era.
Featured speakers for Saturday and Sunday are:
- Richard McMurry, “Sherman’s Atlanta Campaign”
- Edward Caudill, “Sherman in Movies, Literature, etc.”
- E. Chris Evans, “Crazy or Sane?”
- Donna Lawrence, “Cump and Me: Ellen Sherman’s Side of the Story”
- Bill Comisford, “Sgt. William Davis, 10th OVC, and His Ride with Sherman to the Sea”
- David Fey, “Thoughts on Why We Study History”
- John Dye, “William Tecumseh Sherman, America’s Hero and Lancaster’s Son”
Details: Register by September 4 to get the Early Bird Discount. Join the Fairfield Heritage Association and save even more. Early registration rates are $110/FHA Members, $125/Nonmembers, $80/Students. Regular registration rates are $145/FHA Members, $145/Nonmembers, $90/Students. Registration includes all speakers, three meals, tours of three museums, and admission to book sales and signings.
Sponsors: the Sherman House Museum and the Fairfield Heritage Association
Location: The Lodge in Lancaster, 129 E. Main Street, Lancaster, OH 43130
For more information: visit www.shermanhouse.org