Filed under: Calendar Events
Tagged as: Andrew Cayton, Carol Lasser, Central Ohio, Civil War sesquicentennial event, Columbus (OH), Eric Wittenberg, Franklin County, John Grabowski, Kelly Selby, Mark Grimsley, Nikki Taylor, Ohio Humanities Council, Scott Gampfer, Tom Culbertson, workshop.
|October 14, 2009|
A small group of historians are convening in Columbus to craft an interpretive framework to outline the story of Ohio and the Civil War. This framework will be added to the website for public review and comment before it is finalized, and it will guide much of the work of the sesquicentennial. The individuals who will be participating in this workshop are listed below.
- Andrew Cayton, Miami University
- Tom Culbertson, Hayes Presidential Center
- Scott Gampfer, Cincinnati Museum Center
- John Grabowski, Western Reserve Historical Society & Case Western Reserve University
- Mark Grimsley, The Ohio State University
- Carol Lasser, Oberlin University
- Kelly Selby, Walsh University
- Nikki Taylor, University of Cincinnati
- Eric Wittenberg, Historian, Blogger, Battlefield Preservationist, & Author
The Ohio Humanities Council is generously sponsoring the interpretive framework, and Gale Peterson (Executive Director) and Frank Dunkle (Program Officer) will also be in attendance. http://www.ohiohumanities.org/